Clinton Friends of the Parks
A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION
The project will provide a place where all children, regardless of abilities, can play together. Children with physical, social-emotional, sensory, cognitive and communicative disabilities can play along-side able-bodied children, with ALL benefiting from the health and socialization aspects of a playground. Adults with disabilities will be able to access the play area to accompany their children/grandchildren while playing. This will be especially beneficial to military members who are facing the challenges associated with reintegrating to civilian life after deployment. For military members with physical disabilities, full participation in family life is vital to the family’s well-being.
The all-inclusive playground will be located adjacent to the Clinton Community Center and Aquatic Center at 1002 E. Sedalia Avenue.
The project will consist of:
• An 8,000 s.f.+ universally inclusive playground with a poured-in-place safety surface
• 2 multiple activity play units: 1 for 2-5 yr. olds and 1 for 5-12 yr. olds with:
- Climbing structures
- Activity panels
- Transfer stations in appropriate locations
- A variety of other play stations
• Swing set with inclusive seats, tot seats and adult/child combo seats
• Musical instrument area (5-6 instruments)
• Cozy dome
• We-Saw, a 4-child see-saw apparatus
• Benches (4)
• Shaded areas over equipment and seating (5)
• A fully accessible restroom facility
• Parking area with ADA spaces (car and van) that exceed the required amount
For a detailed report on the equipment in this design which lists what disabilities are targeted; click below to open a PDF file.
OPEN DETAIL DESIGN PDF FILE